J.M. Smucker Company is proud to be a Best Western MarketPlace preferred partner for liquid and ground coffee and portion cup products: syrup, jelly, jam, preserves, peanut butter. As a treat for you, we’d like to present you with this simple, delicious Strawberry Crepes recipe from J.M. Smucker’s.
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 35 Min Yield: 16 6-inch Crepes
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- FILLING AND SAUCE
- 2 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker’s® Strawberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whisk pancake mix, sugar, water and eggs in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Coat with no-stick cooking spray between each crepe. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into skillet, immediately tilting pan until batter covers bottom. Cook until edges start to dry and center is set. Turn to cook second side.
For Filling and Sauce:
- Blend together yogurt, cinnamon and 1/4 cup preserves in small bowl. Place remaining preserves in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
Spread the yogurt mixture down the center of each crepe, dividing evenly. Fold or roll the crepe over the yogurt mixture. Arrange 3 crepes on each serving plate. Top the crepes with melted preserves and chopped pecans. Crepe batter can be made ahead of time. Prepare crepes as directed. Layer between sheets of wax paper and place in a re-sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months. Keep crepes in plastic bag to bring to room temperature.
Be sure to subscribe to the Best Western MarketPlace Blog for new recipes from our preferred partners and the latest news, trends, and advice of the hospitality industry.